Monday 30 December 2013

29th. December 2013 – 11:00: Cross Legged on the side of the road.

The day started in quite the same way as the previous two; ground-hog like and uneventful. What was different was that we were on the way to a dive at the USS Liberty in Tulamben on the East coast of Bali.

Our instructor had advised that our assessment on the theory based on Chapter 4 was going to need to be conducted either on the way to the dive site or as soon as we got there  because without successfully completing the assessment, we could not start the dive. This in turn was because Chapter 4 was all about dive planning; in particular the RDP. The van pulled over into a service station and we elected to do the assessment right there and then.

Never in a million years and all the exams I have taken, did I ever imagine that I would find myself sitting cross-legged on the side of the road doing what I considered, at the time to be the most important theory test I have ever undertaken. Yet there I was. Note to self and readers: The next time you want to get a hundred percent on an assessment, insist on taking the test cross-legged on the pavement on the side of the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment